July 22, 2005

the little blue wagon that could




The time has come, this old wagon has driven to Dawson City Yukon, Muscatine Iowa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Ontario, Ness Creek, Regina a thousand times, and back and forth to work way too many times to count. 343,627 is what I'm marking it off at. Please pass me a tissue as I remember all the good times we've had - Petunia hanging out the window yelling at the buffalo in Manitoba and learning Bob Dylan songs on the busted down tape player (I think I had all 4 speakers back then) - Nancy, Joel, Dustin and I spending Halloween in the Yukon and fighting like mad the whole time - Jenn and Will and Kim heading to the lake without me - hours spent hunting down Steve driving all over the city - Kim and I cruising the country looking for (and finding) the crooked forest - Jenn and I driving down dirt roads with beer in hand and sleeping in the back in a field next to a lake after a loud and rockin' Victoria Day party in Alvena - and way too many more to mention. How do you say goodbye to all of that? So please, I beg of you, pay your respects, and stayed eagerly tuned for the next installment.

R.I.P My dear Jackie Jackson... Oct 20,1999 ~ July 22, 2005
I loved you hard.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 p.m., Blogger dyb said...

The ride is dead, long live the ride! I'm sorry for your loss, but happy for your gain.

So, howsabout some pics of the new truck?

 
At 7:50 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

the next installement will take place as soon as I get a chance.. and it will be good, so very very good..

 
At 3:14 a.m., Blogger calamityjenn said...

Oh God....it really is kind of sad, never mind the opinions of the boys Nick. She was damn good to you over the years, and come to think of it, pretty good to me too. Could that be a hint of mist in mine eyes, hmmm, could it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home