February 03, 2005

Start spreading the news...

I'm leaving today...

Ok well, tomorrow at 2pm I'm catching a ride on the magic steel aeroplane and will be touching down in New York City at 10:30pm... that's if the winter storm watch that's forecasted for Saskatoon don't stop me. What the hell, hey? Whodda thunk that I would be flying to New York "for the weekend" to see a lovely boy? Whodda thunk that I would date an American? And for anyone who cares, he does want to get the hell out of there. Just one more reason to get hitched and buy cheap houses in Saskatchewan.

I am nervous and excited and I have no idea how 25 million people will affect my synapses. I am also getting quite sick of being nervous and excited. I'm/we're/I'm putting lots of pressure on this pseudo-virtual relationship. The clock is ticking! I want to bear fruit! I'd look so hot pregnant! And it's making me crazy, cuz in the back of head there's a little voice saying "well, you'd better figure out soon if he's the one you want to do it with cuz you ain't got all the time in the world left..." I think about things like my grandma and how she's aging quickly (knock on wood) and how I don't want to be the oldest mom in the class and then I see on the tv that the average life expectancy is like 78 and fuck I'm almost halfway dead already. But that's just on bad days...

So yah. It will be cool to see him in his scene, his New York Brooklyn scene, his downtown Manhattan scene, his lunch in Chinatown scene, his dancing street kids by the subway scene. He's lending me his digital camera for the next month, so expect lots of pictures, because as a drunk poet once said - "Pictures are the new poetry". Wish me luck, and love.

And... I'll be there for superbowl sunday, too. Ain't that jusht schuper. XOXOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home