March 07, 2005

pretty in pink



No, she's not number 5, but this is possibly the best photo I've ever seen of her. Plus, it was time for some pink, in more ways than one.

Went and saw a wee jazz show tonight as part of the local women's festival, and it was great. They did a cover of Eva Cassidy's cover of "Fields of Gold" by Sting, and it was so breathtakingly pretty. I can't keep my jazz divas straight for the life of me, but I'd sure like to start. Gillian, the singer, was telling some good stories of being inspired by such and such a singer, it made me want to learn and listen so much more. The band was great too. It's been a while since I've seen another stand-up bass player and although I never really played jazz, I sure miss the full sound of that big beast. Maybe one of these days I'll break my year+ long hiatus with it and give 'er another go. I don't play much music these days, due to the painful fork in the road that happened last winter. I don't regret the choice, but I do miss it. Being engulfed by the music, and performing to a happy crowd, and the singing too. In another life I would like to come back as a sultry singer.

And of course, Roy kicked his usual ass on the vibraphone.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, BoBo heeeerre. Can I play?

 
At 10:23 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

play what, BoBo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home