April 28, 2005

the beat, man, the beat

Ok so I know I've been putting way too many poems on here lately, especially from other people more famous than I, but at least they're really good poems. For some reason Lawrence Ferlinghetti got stuck in my head today. Maybe it's the snow. And then I found this cool website with snippets of all the old beat poets. You know, Kerouac, Kesey, Bukowski and Burroughs. Maybe I'm getting ready for my spiritual roadtrip next weekend.. (that's next weekend already? wtf!)

21

Heaven
was only half as far that night
at the poetry recital
listening to the burnt phrases
When I heard the poet have
a rhyming erection
then look away with a
lost look
'Every animal' he said at last
'After intercourse is sad'
But the back-row lovers
looked oblivious
and glad

~ Lawrence Ferlinghetti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home