tagged
A book that changed my life: "The Stranger". Started a long love of existentialism and/or wanting to feel different from the world.
A book I've read more than once: Any Richard Brautigan book. I love him. He also changed my life in a lovely small poetic way.
What book would you take to a desert island? early Tom Robbins, maybe "Jitterbug Perfume".
A book that made me laugh: "My Year of Meats", Ruth L. Ozeki.
A book that made me cry: "The Facts Behind The Helsinki Roccamatios, Yann Martel.
A book I wish had been written: Hmm. I'm sure anything I can think of has already been written.
A book I wish had never been written: "The Rules", written by some uptight high-maintenance bitches.
Books I am currently reading: "Until I find you", John Irving. I'm loving it, despite critical acclaim that it's boring and pornographic. I also have "Beasts of No Nation" and "Identity" on the table (literally).
Books I've been meaning to read: "Anna Karenina". My dumpy aunt said that she just couldn't get into it so I've been wanting to prove her, well, dumpy.
What turned me on to fiction: No idea, really. Old National Enquirers from summers at the lake? A natural inclination towards writing? The idea that the properly placed words could break your little motherfucking heart?
Anyways, thanks Jeff. I'll pass the tag along to see what Sam, Tammy, and Jenn have to say about this.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home