california apples

This photo will make 2 the total number of times I've posted pictures about apples in the last little while. Don't ask me why. Ok, ask me why. I think it's because of that damn book, still, the one that's apparently not very good but I loved it anyways. There's a line in that book that says "comfort me with apples for I am sick of love", and it comes out of nowhere, and it's not followed by anything that explains it in any detail, and I couldn't get it out my mind for a long while.
My mom came back from California last night at midnight. I sent her a pseudo-telegram on thursday saying "Mom! Stay in California! 20cm of snow! -30C!" but she showed up all tanned anyways, had been on the road since 6:30am and ended up having to take 5 aeroplanes to get back from Palm Springs, where she was at a conference 1/2 of the time and visiting a dear friend the other 1/2 of the time. Told me stories on the drive home about going to a spiritual retreat centre and soaking naked in the natural hot springs overlooking the ocean. I just grimaced and said that yes, the walk had been shovelled for her. Jerk.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home