August 14, 2007

oil of ole!

I was getting a complex that there haven't been any good photos of me taken since I got new glasses, then I realized that I'm just fat. And unhappy about it. So what have I done? I drank a lot of beer on my holidays and smoked a lot of cigarettes and got the worst blisters of my life. And every picture I see that is a close-up makes me realize that yes, I do have 33yr old skin and maybe I should start investing in some expensive-type lady lotions to go along with my comfortable footwear and need for a lot of sleep.

Regina Folk Festival was great, and it was also really great to spend most of my time with old folks. Wait, I mean older folks. I noticed lately that all of my favourite people are a few or more years older than I am. I think it's cuz they got their shit together or something, and are more prone to having conversations than trying to look cute for strangers. I will continue the fight that brains win over looks thank you very much. I'll continue it right here from my couch. Wish me luck.

5 Comments:

At 4:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicki, your not old at all, and certainly not fat..relax...

:)

 
At 12:54 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

well thanks, but you're full of shit! any recommendations for expensive-type lady-lotions?

 
At 9:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can really help you on that one, sorry. But was once told by my father, when I moved away for the first time, that all I needed to keep both myself and the dishes clean, was a big old bottle of Palmolive dish soap...perhaps thats why I'm bald today? Who knows.

 
At 10:33 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

bald? sam?

 
At 10:46 a.m., Blogger princessdragonbottom said...

hahaha! Okay, now that IS funny!
Nope, it wasn't me, my friend....not bald at all, thank you.
Moisturizer?
I've been using this really fantastic Clinique stuff lately -- anti-gravity firming lift cream. It firms and moisturizes awesome (yeah I sound like a commercial) but it's expenive at about $40 - $45.
The way I look at it though is that it lasts 4 - 5 months, so that's like $10 a month for good skin. I spend $10 ever two days trying to destroy my skin & lungs smoking cigarettes, so I'm pretty sure I can justify the moisturizer. That is all.
Well...except that I actually decided to start my blog up again...I need a place to have a primal scream...God Nicki, you'd think nothing would surprise me anymore...and I guess I'm less surprise than I am in absolute disbelief over the absolute monstrosity of marcus's deception...of his black black black heart...it's...ugh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home