August 17, 2008

wasn't that a party

Yo. I got my glasses. They were $2.99 at Liquidation World in Regina. And they fit PERFECTLY over my spectacles, and they look super fucking cool, too. Love it when you get what you want outta life.

Whew well the festival was fun and Suzanne Vega was really incredible and Spearhead was great and Rupa and the April Fishes are my favourite new find and we all spent too much money and got too little sleep. Me, I had the heartburn from the crappy draught beer and not enough vegetables. But it was still super fun and the Plains was just fine. I never felt not safe. It's overpriced, but meh. Whatever. Pretty decent for a place you have to get buzzed in to after 3am. I finally met Miss Abigail face to face after a year of virtual reality and I hid out in her merch tent during a downpour, but didn't get to sit down for a pint with her. Someday, seriously.

And now it's back to reality and hell, let's make a list cuz there's stuff to do real shortly. Help my brother pack & move. Find some monster Miss America music for a skit we're choreographing. Get some exercise routine happening. See Sex and the City before it leaves the Roxy. Catch the Weakerthans this weekend at WAM cuz we missed them in Regina. We got seriously sidetracked by those delicious samosas and their delicate handmade pastry....

1 Comments:

At 12:05 a.m., Blogger Abigail Road said...

yes! One of these days we need a proper visit..it was great to meet you. I was surprised actually, that I recognized you so quickly!

And on another note, I've been looking for sunglasses that fit over my regular ol' glasses...maybe I should check out Liquidation World!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home