to camp or not to camp

Me -> big plans to go camping this summer. Summer -> not so happening on the camping side of things. So I take 4 days off of work to hit the highway because it's the last possible weekend that I can take off of work, and it turns cold and rainy. And here I am left with a dilemma - do I bite the bullet and hit the campground and pretend that huddling around a hissing damp campfire is ultra-fun and worth it? Or do I find a small town and spend just a tad more cash to stay in a cheap motel? Do I take my friend from Wales to Moose Jaw? To La Ronge? Nipawin? North Battleford? Regina? Or do we go nowhere, because gas is $1.059 a fucking litre?
And someone I know is couple-camping in the incredible deserts of Colorado, and someone I know is a newly certified canoe instructor, and at least 2 people I know think I'm an asshole. It's a good life.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home