
So I signed up for two dance classes this fall. They started tonight with a Level II Modern class, and all day today I was getting more and more nervous thinking about the fact that I haven't taken a dance class in years and years, and I'm carrying a lot of padding if you know what I mean, and it was all weird at the beginning when I got there because a) most of them are 22 and b) most of them are size 2 and c) everyone was wearing head to to black except me in my bright pink gauchos. We spend about 1/2 hr doing warm up excercizes with plies and frisses and rond de jambes and I was keeping up and feeling good about it, standing 2nd in line behind the returning stars of the class. Then she made us turn around and I watched all the young ones behind me falter their way through shit that I was having no problem doing. Then we started doing travelling routines across the room in pairs and I was good, dammit! I was good! Maybe not as good as the guy above, but dude, I so didn't suck. Whee for me!
4 Comments:
That's got to feel awesome.
When I took belly dancing, a vine step had me tripping into a bunch of cabinetry. That did not feel so awesome.
It felt incredible. I'll be sure to find some less loose clothing cuz there's a lot of jumping (forgot about the jumping, hated the jumping), but damn, it's great.
I gotta tell you, Nicki, that if you had asked me whether you should be doubting yourself, you'd have heard a resounding "HELL NO!!!"
You're amazing and talented so honour that in yourself -- amongst all the other great things that you are!
Pot kettle black, lady. Pot kettle black.
Post a Comment
<< Home