I sing myself lullabies
It's been an emotional couple of weeks here at chez nicola. All things aligned to leave me in a really familiar and uncomfortable place, hopes pinned and constantly crushed. Ignored not entirely, but just enough to keep the yearning fresh. It really and truly sucked, I can say that much. And I'm not really sure where it came from, one thing led to another and it seems like maybe I fell a little bit in love with his things? With the albums and the low light and the photographs and the staging? Is that possible? It seems ridiculous if it is. But somehow also true.I hate the fact that I'm fighting a constant urge to edit myself here. Like I'm not allowed to talk about what I'm feeling or who I'm feeling it with. I surprised myself and fell a little bit over someone completely not appropriate. He balked. I balked. I got mad, mad at him and mad at me for being so fucking hurt by the situation. But I also spent hours trying to figure it out. I don't want to ignore or dismiss the wound, I just want to figure a way through it. And apologize the whole time for how heavy it is with old damage.
And I sing myself lullabies to get through it. There are certain songs that will always just make everything ok while they're playing, my repeat button is well-worn. 9 more sleeps till Disneyworld and Mute Math at the House of Blues (FUCK YA!), and tonight I'm going to wipe the snot off my face long enough to learn how twirl me some pasties.



3 Comments:
I've learned that you don't have to censor yourself. Just do what makes you happy and forget the rest of us!
Happy Mutemath concert trip to you! I am so jealous...
If you ever need to go for some cocktails (or just go hunting for some fresh tails of any kind) Send me a message and we can hit the town. :-)
Hey thanks. My fear of revealing though is not for anyone else but the person that claimed to love me and spent hours and hours late at night scouring these pages for reasons to hate me. I'm finding that nearly impossible to forget. It's like I see every sentence through his eyes, and it's driving me fucking crazy...
Falling in love, just a little bit, never ever makes any sense. That always seemed like the whole point to me. Methodically deciding to love somebody/something is impossible I suppose.
As for self-censoring, you know what I think of that.
And you lucky bastich, it was impossible to get tix to see MuteMath here (going for 5 to 10 times normal price), so YOU have to let ME know how it was. At least "enjoy" the Florida "weather".
Post a Comment
<< Home