
I vowed to take an active interest in my yard this year and planted sunflowers in the front patch by the walk in... May? All I've seen all summer long are 10 long spindly stems reaching for the sky, with nary a head in sight. Then 3 days ago I come home and am greeted by this guy. Nevermind the fact that it's been below freezing already this year, never mind the fact that I've done nothing with the garden I planted in the back since July, this one sunflower kinda made it all worth it.
2 Comments:
AWESOME. Amazing that it takes 5 months to grow and more amazing the frost didn't get to it. Mine our drying out and done blooming. Don't forget to save the flower head for seed for next spring:)
Will it work if there are no visible seeds in the head? They're really small. Help!
Post a Comment
<< Home