September 05, 2008

you're one in a million

I paid 15 bucks tonight to see this guy and his band. It was a "big show" at Amigo's, with "tickets only available at Ticketmaster".... until 8pm when the doors opened and they sold tickets at the door. And didn't charge the $6 extra that the evil Ticketmaster wanted for their $13 ticket. What the duck. So I paid $15 at the door instead. Uh ok. Been a Mike Plume fan for years and the last time I saw him was at Bud's, it was a solo show, I went solo too and got sucked right into the self-deprecating singer-songwriter glow that he can create. Talk about a struggling Canadian musician - this guy has been doing it for 15 years and is still not famous. And he could be. But the show tonight was off and it wasn't doing it for me so I left, he can take my $15 no questions asked. Cheers.

I am pretty sure that I saw that grey Mazda with the cab railing drive right on by when I was outside smoking with a friend I haven't seen in a year. What are the damn odds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home