fuck you, coldplay

I picked up Coldplay's new album at Future Shop today, I've been wanting to get it for a while now. Battle the traffic to Preston Crossing (oh how I love crossing 4 lanes of traffic in 1/2 a city block off an overpass) and back, finally slap the disc in my stereo, and the fucking thing won't play. Oh! They're so fucking special that they need "copywrite control" on their new disc so that people won't steal their music, so instead I pay the big bucks to buy the thing and all I get out of it is "invalid disc". Oh sure, my stereo is only a discman hooked up to a 1969 Sony reel-to-reel amplifier, but who the fuck are they to tell me that my sound system doesn't suffice? Are they going to pay for my gas to get back over there to return it? Cuz you'd better believe I'm asking for my money back. And, just because I can, I'm downloading the "bonus track" that came with the disc and keeping it.
Fuck you, Coldplay. Expect my bill in the mail.



4 Comments:
Yeah so here I am trying to read about fucking coldplay and what keeps popping up, yes, a license acquisition...bunch of fuckers rigged the bonus track too, it wont play.
They just can't stop being assholes, hey? I changed it to something more apropos.
Sorry that was such a lousy situation for ya. I'm gonna go ahead and just past that blame to the RIAA, and not the actual artists. IF you think you had problems with that copy protection, don't get the new Foo Fighters "In Your Honor" disc. Holy crap, what butt load of security on that one.
-Al
But you still managed to rip it to your mp3 player? Maybe I could beseech a copy from ya? I did almost buy that album as well, but I bet you $5 it wouldn't have played for me. This is so dumbly backwards - I buy the album because of the copywrite control but it won't play for me so I end up downloading it. If only they knew... assholes!
Post a Comment
<< Home