June 22, 2005

it's electric



Holy freaking lightening storm, batman. Good thing I work in an industry that is completely affected by the weather. And work this morning is nuts, with about 10 areas down across the city and lines dangling and fuses blown and manhole alarms ringing and bitchy maintenance techs everywhere. I woke up this morning in a panic with my alarm clock flashing and the sun shining brightly through the window. I started to freak out cuz I had no idea if I had slept in for work or not that I had to get up for at 8:30. Went and checked the other clocks and they were all flashing different times. Picked up the cordless phone and couldn't even get a dial tone to phone "time" to see what was going on. In my sleepy confusion I thought I had no phone service, and thought as well that only 2 lights on my modem meant that my cable and internet were down too. "Holy shit I'm stranded! I can't find out what time it is with any of my fancy technology!" Then I remembered that my watch was in my bag, so I checked it out, and it was only 7am. Reset the alarm clock, went back to sleep for an hour and 1/2. Dreamed of concrete vaults and heartache. Realized that cordless phones don't work when you have no power, and 2 modem lights when the computer is off is a good thing.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 p.m., Blogger LemonJelly said...

99 Luft baloons go by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home