June 02, 2005

24 Hr Relay


why oh why oh why oh why did I sign up for this thing? If I wanted to drink with the folks from work, I could have just shown up for a couple of hours to hang out with them. I could have planned a night out with them some other weekend. I might have even brought some liquor into work one day. But now I'm committed to 24 hrs of walking and drinking and freezing in the forecasted rain and making my whole weekend a complete write-off. All I want to do is plant a garden, dammit. I don't want to decorate a tent Gilligan's Island style and fundraise and host barbeques and garage sales and generally feel guilty that I'm not contributing enough to the cause. Plus this week has been insanely busy at work and I don't feel like I got enough done last weekend and my car is still giving me grief and and and...

whew. not enough downtime = one grumpy nicki

4 Comments:

At 3:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. I stumbled on your blog, becuase I was looking for the Girls Dont Poop pic. I like your site, your a pretty sexy Canadian. Good luck drinking in the rain. Its much nicer here in Texas.

 
At 10:10 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Hey I've been to texas, love them mesquite trees, those are crazy. I was in San Antonio and Port Aransas and even spent an afternoon in Nuevo Laredo one day, drinking coronas in a courtyard. Fucking tourist.

 
At 2:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went to lunch with my friend who moved here from Texas. She agrees that the weather is better, but likes the living here much more.

I think its awesome that you are helping out with the fundraiser. Your philanthropic nature shall be rewarded. Heck, I'll buy you a Corona when you got time to relax. :)

-Al

 
At 2:43 a.m., Blogger calamityjenn said...

Wow Neeks, you are impressing the shit out of the americans...good on ya, and duh you really are a sexy canadian...And of course we don't all look like celine dion...if i did i would kill myself..."she sings like a meadowlark but looks like a vulture" (said the guy off of blind date)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home