whirlwind weekly update
You couldn't have come at a better time, really. Just when my head is starting to swim from an overwhelming sense of not understanding a single fucking thing about how I relate to anyone in my life, all of a sudden friendship makes sense, true sense, and I see that judgement is not applicable and silence is ok and listening is key. Telling is key. Opening is crucial and explaining is expected and respect is required.We went to Moose Jaw, and swam in the mineral waters under stars, me and two 39 yr old men (real men) who know themselves and how to be good (to) people. We ate Thai food and the world's best peanut sauce and lime coconut curry everything. Explored the tunnels with its teenaged actresses in flapper dresses and bad brooklyn accents. Learned about the horror of the Chinese immigrants that this country was built upon. Tried to imagine the dedication of working 28 years of back and soul-breaking labour to finally be able to send for your wife and children. Drank $2 draft in a dank patio and spent $15 killing aliens in a machine. Found a parking meter that took nickels for 15 minutes. Nickels! NICKELS! Stayed at a cheap motel with orange shag carpet and a star-trek shower where phone calls were free and so was the swimming, regardless if you had checked out 5 hours ago. Came back for the all-you-can-eat pakoras and tandoori chicken. Serenaded tourists. Put another 600km on the beautiful new truck. And laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed, all the way home.



5 Comments:
Nicely written post Nicola. :)
thanks jeff :)
Nice sounding soul/mind clearing vacation...and to Moose Jaw of all places. I love it there, it definately has something special in the air...so, who were the 2 mystery men anyways? What did I miss, I feel so lost.
There is something magical about Moose Jaw, it's weird. I love all the old brick buildings too. And speaking of mind/soul clearing vacations... enquiring minds are dying to know! Tell us! Tell the world!
Well...the southwest is an amazing place too, no doubt about it. Rob Zombie fricken kicked ass, and he is actually pretty hot(under all the satanic attire that is) in a chad krueger/full of piss and vinegar sort of way. Stay tuned to my blog for the highlights of my trip as soon as I get the energy to upload the 200 photos and resize and prep and post, blah blah blah
Post a Comment
<< Home