October 09, 2006

reason # 37

Reason # 37 that my family is different than the norm ~ after a big thanksgiving dinner at the lake yesterday we put on Courtney's "Drew's Dance Party" dvd and all learned how to do the "Train" and "Cotton Eyed Joe". Nothing like a little disco dancing after a big meal to aid digestion. It was a good meal, good company, and my mom only cried 5 times (my brother and I were betting on 8).

It's definitely colder these days, never did get my trim painted or a new back door yet. It's a hard life trying to be responsible for yourself, make sure you have the right food in the fridge and enough money to pay the bills. My grandma's 81st birthday is tomorrow, and my mom's 60th is in just over a month. My little brother will be 30 next year. And me? I'm 32, wondering when I get to pair up with my dance partner, wondering who will give me away if and when I walk down the aisle. There was a baby brigade welcoming us when we went in to Walmart the other day. I should have checked that section, maybe they were on sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home