the girl who jumps to conclusions
It's obvious really, why. I've had maps drawn for me for years.
They all end up with me, being the fault and the geiser
but I sure wish that I was wiser before.
If you learn that all good intentions are lies then
what the hell are you expected to believe when faced with them?
Distrust is something learned. I'm not proud.
It all ends up to being here, making small talk
sitting next to someone that rarely made you feel ok
but you're still supposed to wish them well,
compliment their nice hair and small ass. How about a big fuck you?
Fuck you for recognizing my fear, feel it mirroring in yourself
but still ganging up on me? Still playing power in numbers against it?
Seems like there is lots from that arrogant street that I need to forgive.
I tried to explain it to the girl from my long past tonight and she really
would have got it had we followed through.
Me though? I'm three pints drunk and heavy.
And I'm still laughing at this conversation..
"So do you ever come to Edmonton?"
"I'm coming this weekend, actually"
"Where are you staying?"
"I don't even know yet"
"Stay at my house! We have a guest room!"
"Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or something?"
"No"
"Yeah, we're adults now, hey?"



<< Home