there's no beach at the beach


But there's a whole lotta lake at the lake. The dock is currently sitting on the bottom step coming down from the cabin, the one where there usually resides about 12 ft of sand before the shoreline. Where does a lake go when it goes? Nowhere really, it has to evaporate cuz there's no place for it to drain or feed or whatever it is that lakes do. It was a good time though, I came back sunburnt & covered in mosquito bites. Nature would be perfect if it weren't for all the damn bugs.
Speaking of nature, I laughed as I did this but I booked a long weekend off in July to... wait for it... here it comes... yes you guessed it... go camping. This is four years running now that I've done this, and I pretty much think it's going to be four years running that it doesn't happen. Why am I always single in the summer? Come to think of it, why am I single at all? And honestly, I could care less right now for the most part, there are just certain situations where a partner would come in handy. Like when I was driving past Keo's Kitchen on my way home from work and thought "hey I should go there again sometime" and then I thought "with.... who?". And when I hand in my piece of paper asking for a friday off to have a 3 day weekend off to sleep in a tent with... who? We're a dying breed, us never-married have-no-children folk (literally, dying, cuz we're not breeding cuz we're single). And I'm 93% content with things right now, but fuck me if it ain't gonna be another tentless summer.





<< Home