Life After Disney
Highlights were all the roller coasters: Dueling Dragons and Expedition Everest and Space Mountain and the Hulk and Revenge of the Mummy and Splash Mountain and yeah pretty much all the rides kicked ass. We didn't have to wait long for anything, and in fact walked right on, then right off, then right back on a few of them. Good time of year to go I guess. I also really loved Gatorland. They put on some great shows there and it was a really cool 4 hours. Oh and the discount shopping. And the delicous American cigarettes (I couldn't very well pass up the Parliament Menthol Lights, could I?). And the weather. And the reggae by the pool. And Mute Math was freaking incredible. And the gospel brunch too. The only not-awesome part of the trip was the hotel, if you can believe it. I cannot say enough shitty things about the Hilton. What a fucking rape job. Excuse me while I bend over some more for you. Oh what's that? $8 for a drink? $19 shuttle to the airport? $4.50 bottle of water? $5 internet access? $23 a night "room tax" that you didn't mention to my mom? Fuck you Hilton. I sure hope you pay your housekeeping and grounds staff well with those prices. Cuz we couldn't afford to tip them.
Started level II of burlesque classes last night. I almost didn't go cuz I was feeling so blah and not really extroverted enough to be confident, but I kicked myself in the ass and am so glad that I did. We started working on a group number for the Valentine's show and hoo boy, I'm-a gonna be in it. Whee! If anyone has an extra top hat lying around, could ya please let me know?



2 Comments:
I think it's normal to feel a bit down after an exciting time away. Almost two years ago, we went to Costa Rica, and man but January was hard after that.
I am digging the temporary fleetingness of time that I still have - like it doesn't ever matter what the clock says and getting up earlier than 8 hrs of being asleep is a-ok. Wonder how long it will be before the clock starts dictating again?
Post a Comment
<< Home