April 19, 2008

on the road again

Swift Current was awesome, and fuck me if the training didn't go exactly as well as the other 2 towns have gone. Damn I'm good. It's also been wonderful to meet the office staff from the smaller towns - makes me realize that as frustrated as I get feeling insignificant to the fancy Calgary offices it is only 100 times worse for them. Good reality check. And there are 2 really cool ladies that run the show in Swift, and we had some really good conversations about alternative health methods and acupuncture (they're both huge believers) and did you know that if you have a brutal headache that drinking the juice of a fresh lemon will cure it? I don't get 'em very often but I told my mom to try it the next time she gets a migraine.

Today's question: if you applied for a position that you weren't really sure that you wanted, but it meant more money and more power, and someone else you knew really really really wanted it, but you knew you'd be better than them at it, what would you do? There's a part of me that would feel like shit knowing that I took it over a friend that wants it more than I do, but on the other hand I think I would be better at it. I'm a bit stumped by this. Of course I haven't even had the interview yet so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Off to PA again tonight to celebrate Jenn's birthday and new house there. Should be a blast, other than driving through the snowstorm that's forecasted. Oh well, at least there will be no driving drunk at the end of the night, just a stumble down the hallway to the spare bedroom and a drive home tomorrow morning. Whee!

3 Comments:

At 12:48 p.m., Blogger greeneggsandtam said...

Tough call. Is it a good friend? A friend you could afford to lose? Or is she the sort of person who wouldn't be bitter?
What're you going to do??

How was PA?

 
At 9:23 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

I don't know what to do. Still haven't had the interview, and yes, they would be bitter. Eep.

PA was fun. Nice adult dinner party/piss-up. We even managed to set off the house alarm at 11:30pm and scrambling through assorted papers to make the "BWOOP! BWOOP! BWOOP! BWOOP!" stop before the cops came. Ha!

 
At 2:45 p.m., Blogger trinity67 said...

If you can live with yourself then go for it.

Just my two cents' worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home