it ain't heavy, it's my suitcase
Well, I'm in Calgary and I've been here for almost 2 hours and I'm already annoyed. It's so damn crowded here. Sure I got a decent hotel room with a window that opens with a lovely view of the parking lot and the ventilation system for the hotel. That should lull me right to sleep. I was getting cosy at home, and didn't feel like packing it up again quite yet. The last 2 weeks has been the longest stretch of time that I've been home since January? Something like that anyways.
LOURD. It's french for heavy. I stuffed everything I would need for 2 weeks into one suitcase cuz I didn't feel like struggling with two. Getting the shuttle at the airport was a scene. Walked and walked and walked and walked and finally found the sign for the airport shuttles and look! My hotel is way back the way I came from! Ok let's walk back there and walk some more and walk some more and ok "please use the phone to call your hotel for a shuttle". Walk back to where the phone supposedly is, oh hey! It's broken! That's even more awesome. "Use the one inside" it says so back I go inside and walk and walk and a plan just landed from... Pakistan? Iran? All I know is there were 200 Muslims in my way and where the fuck is the shuttle phone and I'm slipping on flower petals and I finally found it and I can't hear the chick on the other end so I just shout "I can't hear you please send the shuttle" and hang up and wait. And wait. And wait.
Was supposed to go for coffee with a new dude yesterday but apparently he doesn't believe in making plans and when I called him on it he mysteriously disappeared... funny how that happens. If I ask you on a tuesday to make a plan for saturday, you don't tell me on friday that "hey, I'll be online tomorrow afternoon let's make a plan then". Uh. I've been trying to make a plan for the last 4 days. I'm not going to sit around waiting for you. I got shit to pack and a house to clean and things to gather.
And I got a lot of hair cut off and I mostly hate it. I only like it maybe once out of every 5 times I look in the mirror. I was going for something older and more professional and I now look like I'm 25 instead of 34 and now I'm stuck going to the Calgary office with a dumb haircut. Fuck it. I'm going to the bar for dinner.



2 Comments:
You poor thing. I'd hate to look like I was 25.
Okay. I'm jealous. I'd cut off all my damn hair if I thought I'd look 25. lol.
Your haircut looks awesome. I don't know how new it is but I'd gladly trade heads anyday. Let me know.
Post a Comment
<< Home