August 28, 2005

you put the broken in fingers

You are the owner of proud new fingers
use them wisely to type and make promises
I met so many old crushes tonight and
met new ones too
I shoulda listened *and did* when my horoscope read
"do the most unexpected thing you can think of".

Who the fuck admits to having a crush on little ol' me 10 years ago?
That's some serious balls and
speaking of serious balls I was on FIRE tonight
with the strength of weeks of admiration
tucked in my back pocket
like a safe ride home.

Dance and swerve and ask the DJ for his phone number.
It doesn't matter, he's 32 and
there's bound to be lots to talk about.

Boy? I miss what might have been
with a roller derby pub crawl boy
but apparently his fingers are broken
and how's he gonna put out a fire like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home