January 02, 2006

back to life, back to...



I'm so stiff and sore from the weekend... dancing and drinking and whooping it up takes its toll, especially with someone who snores...

Man, I remember New Year's Eve 2000 in the house off of Broadway, we had an "invitation only" party and it was bitterly cold outside, these assholes showed up and butted their cigarettes in a $40 bottle of ice wine so we kicked them out despite protests of not being able to get a cab in -40 weather... whatever, suckers. It's been a crazy holiday season with lots of drinking and kissing and laughing and bad christmas gifts. The coolest things I got were a girly pink poker chip set, a personalized t-shirt, a kick-ass vintage car calendar, and of course the new Ryan Adams CD. My brother gave me a box of Whoppers with a note that says "I hope you have a whopper of a christmas ~ I owe you a $40 gift after Jan 14th"...

All in all, not a shabby holiday season, thanks to he who shall remain nameless. I do know that I don't want to celebrate it the same way next year, but I said that last year as well and still somehow ended up sharing a bed with my mom and her 2 dogs on christmas eve and having to wake up at 8am to open stockings and pretend that I am 9 yrs old again. NO MORE! It's my own damn fault, really, cuz I'm too chicken-shit to say anything about how I don't want to play these reindeer games anymore. Or, as I realized when I was drunk and bitter at a house party later on on christmas day, "it's my fucking christmas stocking, so I should reserve the right to not hang it up if I don't want to".

Hope all your holidays were debaucherous. And now, back to reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home