January 09, 2006

it's a spicy salami, dear

Sometimes, you just get so busy livin' that you forget to blog about it.

Saturday night was fun, it turned into the holy trinity of Girl's Nights Out with pool-playing, off-key karaoke-singing, and disco-dancing (oh dave! I'm sorry! I didn't know! Fuck!). It was a regular west-side crawl to Alley Katz (lame) and Lover's Lounge and somehow we ended up at Rily's laughing and sitting in the middle of the stage and sneaking smokes in the corner till 3am. We talked about absolutely everything, since we both have fresh dates, compared notes and abilities like the shrewd discount shoppers we both are. I think I've ended up with the better deal, but it's nice to see her being liked, since she's such a cool cool kitty.

12 Comments:

At 10:09 p.m., Blogger dyb said...

Just for that, I'm waiting until you leave for work tomorrow, and then I'm singing "The Very Best of Kenny Loggins" into your voicemail.

 
At 10:42 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

I'm gonna hold you to that, dave. if you can do it with a straight voice after hearing the sheer joy that is my voicemail greeting, I owe YOU one badly sung Fleetwood Mac.

 
At 10:01 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

dave dave dave... full of big ideas, but no actual follow-through. I'm disapointed.

 
At 2:57 p.m., Blogger dyb said...

I got kinda sidetracked by the playlist order. I didn't know if I should go with the ordering of 1992's "At His Best", 1997's "Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow: The Greatest Hits", or 2002's "The Essential Kenny Loggins".

You can see how that would stymie anyone!

 
At 4:18 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

just for that, you're getting the inspirational sandwich phone calls.

 
At 8:15 a.m., Blogger dyb said...

You really did it, didn't you? I got a phone call at 8am, and I thought, "Oh my god, someone's dead." But no, it was Jared telling me to eat baked chips and park farther away so I'd have to walk.

I hate baked chips!

 
At 9:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAH that is the FUNNIEST thing i have ever heard since.. i got up anyways. thats great. I am currently on my way to sign up ALL my friends. oooooo ya they will never know what hit them

 
At 11:54 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

It works! That's beautiful! I mean... technically it's probably fraud, but I mean... you can unsign yourself if you want to. It would be interesting to see how many messages he's got. Cuz it's not actually live, is it? They have to be pre-recorded messages, right? Right?

 
At 3:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it was totally live. I picked up and said, "Hello?" and I heard Jared go, "Listen. Shut up. You can eat chips, but eat baked ones. We sell those at Subway. And when you drive to Subway, park farther away and walk to the trough. Walking is exercise. Now get off the phone, tubby; I've got like a million other calls to make."

He gave me the option to stop receiving calls, but since it came right at 8am and that's the time I set my alarm for anyway, I figure I might as well keep getting them. And really, how many Subway-related weight-loss tips can the guy have? I imagine towards the end he'll get into the sexxxy talk, and I'll lose weight by vomiting.

 
At 3:56 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

this is quite possibly the funniest thing I've EVER HEARD. All of it. Pure gold! "daave and jared, sitting in a tree..."

 
At 5:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

fraud you say....
well if I go down nikki I am taking you down with me for putting the terrible idea in my mind> i signed up 4 friends myself, it was hard to decide from the morning call or afternoon call and then i saw it: morning AND afternoon.
OOOOO YAAAAAAH.

 
At 7:27 a.m., Blogger calamityjenn said...

Oh my Nicola, what have you done???? I must say though that this has been extreme comic relief and and I am soo tempted to dig further into it....hmmm, how many do I know that would enjoy such a pleasure???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home