February 20, 2006

lunchtime in alberta


Well that was a weekend and a half, a'ight. Saturday night me and Jensy went out in search of some karaoke, tried to go to Crackers, ran into mr asshole trying to score and quickly put the kybosh on that one. If nothing else, never underestimate the power of women who will talk and tell each other when something deserves to be said. "Does she really need to know?" he asked me and I said "she absolutely needs to fucking know". "The situation is completely different" he said and I replied "don't really see how it can be, you're a cocksucker slimeball and you don't deserve her. How is that any different?". So we quickly left them "discussing" in the hallway and drove on to the next place. Lover's Lounge, sang some "Are you gonna be my girl" by Jet (note to self - the chorus is REALLY high), and then topped off the evening with our favourite cheesy dance bar. And boy did we dance. Sometimes when we get going it's more like interpretive dance, we act out the story line and just be huge freaks. It feels great though.

Then, the after party. Head over to Kenderdine Rd for a bunch of old ugly drunk people and some beer, end up telling jokes all night and finally heading home around 4am. Go to Jenn's, pass out while she's trying to eat a cheese and cracker sandwich (she had no margerine, and decided in her drunken wisdom that crackers would be the best addition to her cheese and bread. I fell asleep to the sound of her masticating). Wake up less than 5 hours later to the phone call telling us it was time to get up and drive to OYEN to pick up her kids who had been in Calgary for a week. Holy shit on a stick. I refused to get dressed, and spend the whole day in my pyjamas, cruising down the highway at a cool 130km/hr the whole way. Go Jenn go! That was fun in a kind of "I'm super hungover and gassy so let's spend 6 hours in the car and drive to Alberta kind of a way".

And last night, the most delicious chicken fajitas and a movie. Lots of sleep. And salad.

6 Comments:

At 1:11 p.m., Blogger dyb said...

But ... but ... what did you have for lunch in Alberta?!

 
At 1:31 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Egg salad sandwich on brown and turkey noodle soup ~ the lunch special. It was the only thing I thought I could stomach... urgh..

 
At 2:31 a.m., Blogger calamityjenn said...

Nice one, I'm laughing my ass of at the wacky trueness of it all! I had the ham and cheese omelet in oyen, if anyone cares...

 
At 10:03 p.m., Blogger dyb said...

I care. Come on, you know I care!

 
At 10:48 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

I can't believe you blew your mom off for a whole week while on holidays, dave...

 
At 12:33 a.m., Blogger calamityjenn said...

Good to see you are keeping up with the bran diet Dave, oh and I love the dialogue for the mattress master. ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home