the best movie you never saw

A couple of weeks ago I was at the video store with my movie-watching boy pal, and he argued the point that you should always just buy movies, not rent them, cuz renting is kind of a waste in a way. So we perused through the racks of used movies, and I spent $10 on my first DVD purchase ever. "A love song for Bobby Long" with Scarlett Johansson and John Travolta. Never heard of it. Don't know why it wasn't hyped at all with those two actors. It was awesome. I loved her in "Lost in Translation", she was so normal in a way with a bit of a belly and super-low maintenance style. She's just as freaking beautiful in this movie, set in poor town New Orleans. She plays a white-trash high-school dropout, and John Travolta plays an alcoholic ex-english professor with shocking white hair. Yup. He's great too. And hey! I own it now, so if you want to borrow it, just gimme a holler.




3 Comments:
How is renting a waste?
There are very few movies worth watching twice...
I'm going to have to agree with Jeff on that one...not only are they not worth watching twice, but it's just more useless clutter. One should only own their top 5 EVER favorite movies.
I'm in agreement with Jen and Jeff. Thanks to the tendency of children to watch the same movie 20 - 30 times -- and ENJOY them -- I am the proud owner of over 100 movies. And have nowhere to store them except on a bookshelf in my living room. And anyone who knows me know just how crazy a bunch of ugly movie cases as one of the major focal points of my room is likely to make me.
It's a wonder I'm sane at all, really...cuz I am...right? Isn't that right?
Post a Comment
<< Home