
it's thursday night, I'm not at the STARS show that I so desperately wanted to see. I bought a ticket months ago and it's been sitting on my fridge and the doors open in three minutes and I just don't want to go. I don't want to see the cool kids and I don't want to go alone and I don't want to deal with trying not to smoke and yeah it would be a great show but dammit, I just don't want to do it tonight. I've been on the early shift all week and it's going better than I thought, I've been going to bed early-ish and lasting all day without crashing and it's real nice to be done at 5pm and the traffic is gross coming home. I think winter brings impending depression. I'm so sick of being alone and watching all the couples and feeling so left out and yeah, I don't mind doing things by myself but I really don't understand why I don't have a date for saturday night's First Annual Burlesque Social. There will be stockings and girls and fancy dresses and hairpieces and good music and laughter and for some reason I'm going alone. Just like 5 straight years at the formal work xmas party without a date. It's the story of my fucking life, and all I really want is for the plot line to change.
5 Comments:
I wish That I'd known that you had a ticket for Stars. Amy Milan was in this cute black cocktail dress. Then she lept into the croud and surfed around for a while.
I went tonight, alone too, and I totally felt silly rocking out by my lonesome. But I did anyway.
Seriously, girl. I know that I am a stranger, but if you need anything, or ever wanna talk, send me an email and I will totally hang.
You sound like way too cool a person to feel this lonely. I have a reason to feel like a dork...I am one. :-)
email me at the address in my blogger profile.
You're not the only one out there. Just keep working on what makes you happy and be happy with yourself. You always have to take care of numero uno. Go do the things that you want to do, even if you're by yourself. You never know who you'll meet.
-Jen
See the problem with that is that a) I'm taking dance classes which are awesome but jam packed full of the ladies and b) there are 200,000 people in my city. If I do some rough math that leaves about 500 single men in my desired age bracket, and when it comes down to it, I'm fucking picky.
Hey, if these people can find each other in Oroville, California ...
(Awww!)
... then there's hope for all of us.
Look at 'em go!
Wow. I have a secret dream to drive a motorized medi-chair around town too. You know, put a patio umbrella on it, maybe a kickin' boom-box, pimp it out so to spead. I'll make sure to custom build an extra seat for the partner I have yet to find :)
Post a Comment
<< Home