February 19, 2008

t-3 days

5 straight days of burlesque this week, starting with joining the level 2 class tonight to practice our 22 girl number (I'm in level 3). Picture it: 22 girls of all sorts of pretty in all sorts of pretty pink panties and bras and corsets and dresses and garters and stockings and high heels and headpieces and boas and feathers and rhinestones... oh my. I think it's been a long long while since Saskatoon has seen a showgirl number of this proportion (ha ha, proportion.. get it?). It's gonna be grand. And level 3 practice tomorrow night with full costumes for both numbers and full tech rehearsal at the theatre on thursday night for 4 hours and then the big show on friday and saturday! It's crazy how much good stuff I have from petticoats to stockings of all shades and makes and shoes... oh the shoes... I'm finally embracing the high-heel lover within me. Which is why the next boy I date has to be tall. And stick around till summer, cuz I'm not messing with heels and snow. I think I got the hot rollers down and the fake eyelashes are super fun even under glasses and now I have to go sew some pink fake fur to my white satin gloves. xoxo.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 p.m., Blogger Abigail Road said...

Wish I could see the show!

 
At 12:46 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

It's going to be a spectacle, alright. There's a whole lotta everything good and girly in it, PLUS some cool jazz singers and the Two Bits Comedy Duo with matching yellow 70's suits with orange sequining. They're super funny vaudeville style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home