February 11, 2008

black umfolosi and 7 random facts about me

Wow that was a good show. Mostly singing, mostly 5 part crazy thick zimbabwe harmonies, completely rich and deep and good. The gumboot dancing was the finale and also highly entertaining. And the crowd was all old and rich but I didn't care.

Miss Abigail tagged me to spill 7 random facts about me so here goes:

1 ~ I always judge a book by its cover. I figure if it's a literary work of genius, they should be smart enough (or hire someone smart enough) to find a cover that reflects the tone of the book. I think they almost have to. And yes, some old classics have boring covers but if it's a really good current work of fiction then the cover should tell the story as well.

2 ~ I hate mustard. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

3 ~ I really love children's video games. One time I tried to play Halo cuz of all the hype and I started crying cuz I hated it so much. But give me a cartoon frog or some lego rifles and I'm hooked.

4 ~ I'm worried that I've spent a long time waiting to be part of a partnership and wasted some of the best years of my life.

5 ~ Speaking of the best years of my life, I spent most of my 20's getting drunk and playing in bands. Yeah, it sure was some fun alright, but I think I would do it differently if I could do it all again.

6 ~ Over the holidays I had to clean out an entire dresser drawer to house my stockings and garters and gloves.

7 ~ I don't know enough people personally who blog to tag with this. Everyone that I read I don't really know in real life, and I'm not the world's most prolific commenter so I'm sure they don't know me either.

oh and bonus tidbit # 8 ~ no one comments on heartache. It's alright.

5 Comments:

At 12:22 a.m., Blogger silentdibs said...

(8) I would have commented, but, you know.

That show looks cool.

Mmm, mustard.

 
At 8:57 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

No, I don't know... and it was your damn comment that's got my brain all in a twist.

Gag. Mustard.

 
At 10:09 a.m., Blogger silentdibs said...

The fact that it was my comment is why I don't feel it is my place to reply about it here. I've said my piece, and you can take or leave it as you choose.

I am glad you are putting yourself back out there. It is the only way, after all.

 
At 2:46 p.m., Blogger greeneggsandtam said...

I don't want to comment on heartache because it will sound trite and obvious. Most of what I write is.
So here goes.
Maybe the universe doesn't owe you anything, maybe it does I don't know. But it does suck you haven't found anyone and that you'd like to. I think one sided feelings also suck. But you write well and you're talented, and gorgeous, and a burlesque lady which I'm quite jealous of, and I agree with this dibs - I think it's good you're out there. You'll find your someone and he will be, you know - what you need.
You're awesome.
Awesome. I said awesome.
I don't rite goode.

 
At 7:28 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

"he will be what I need"... that's such a good line, dude. Thanks for all of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home