May 08, 2008

thai a little tenderness

This is the fab view out of my hotel room. That blue building behind the wholesale club is work. Every day I wake up at 6:30am and drink coffee and smoke cigarettes until it's time to jump in the shower and head out the door for an 8am start time. And anyone that knows me know that I hate 8am start times. But I'm doing really good, not falling asleep during the day at all which is surprising the hell outta me since I can't seem to fall asleep anytime sooner than at least 11.

It's going good, I guess. 4 days later and I finally have access to everything I need to do the work that they sent me here for. And even without the proper access to everything I blew the average out of the water today with my 112 tasks completed to the norm of 80. So either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just being my usual incredible self. I'm going to go with the latter.

It is INCREDIBLY frustrating being so close to so much knowledge and not being able to access any of it. If anything it's worse here than at home, at least there you know everyone and can go talk to anyone you want to. Here it's like one person knows only one thing and to me and my stack of 50 really important questions that doesn't really help. But I am picking tidbits wherever I can. And I found out today via a mass announcement email that I didn't get the job that I didn't really want. They gave it to someone that is going to be really bad at it. Guess I'll just keep rockin' where I am.

Oh yeah the thai restaurant down the road is delicious. Glad I made myself venture out into this weather to eat spicy peanut curry. Cuz it's the perfect rainy day food indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home