yargh!
Found the building tonight that I want to live in. 1 block from the river, downtown highrise, huge cement balcony, a view of the riverbank for miles and miles and miles, 2 huge elevators, super stocked workout room, a hot tub and steam room, a games room with a pool table and shuffleboard table, an in-house confectionery, ample parking, and an underground squash court. (An underground squash court! Like I would ever use it!) Aaaaaannnndddd... I can't afford it. Well, technically, I can really afford the one bedroom corner unit that we looked at but damn I want a 2 bedroom. I just know I will feel so cramped so soon in a one bedroom. Shit! Fuck! Lame!
Also looked at a funny little place by the university with an inner courtyard and hardwood floors and a fireplace and huge bedroom and underground parking but... the bedroom is right beside the courtyard where everyone's doors are and if there is one thing that I want (ok I want more than one thing but this is most definitely one of them) it's to be able to sleep with my windows open after 4 years of not being able to for fear of break-ins. And leaving my windows open in the summer while I'm gone. That would be sweet. There was a hilarious moment tonight while the agent and I fought with front door keys for about 5 minutes, not being able to get the damn thing in at all before realizing that duh... that door just opens and it's the INNER door that requires locking. Ha ha. She was rightly embarrassed. It was cute. And so the search continues...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home