October 02, 2008

not enough hours in the day

Hey the trip was great, and the training was great, and the fancy hotel was great, and the big-city shopping was great. I had to ship a box of shoes home to myself. Didn't feel like luggging 3 pairs of ridiculous heels around with me for the rest of the week. The visit with my great-aunt and 2nd cousin was great, and the burlesque show I went to in Vancouver was freaking GREAT and Saltspring was great, and Kim's birthday was great too. We didn't go to Victoria, just stayed on the island which was great, and ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of Jim Beam, and sat on the beach a lot. It was, well, great. Got home sunday night at 11:30 and straight back to work and then my brother moved in temporarily so I've been cleaning my place and cleaning his old place and jeez louise I would like a day to just chill at home already! I have today off but there is lots of crap to do, which includes getting a new set of tires. Ouch $$$. And finding clown lingerie for the Halloween show group piece. I have tickets for sale! $15 gets you into the funnest halloween/burlesque show you've ever seen, so come find me if you want some. I'll have a moment to spare one of these days I swear...

4 Comments:

At 7:18 p.m., Blogger Rob W said...

good on ya ... the west coast& gulf islands are alsways a refreshing break for both soul/body. Plan on heading out that way myself come nov. (to perhaps hang out on Galiano ?). I can easily relate to beach sitting and the like ... (esp. if the jim beam were to become a good islay single malt)! The shoe shopping - not so much. Would also love to take in your halloween show , but unfortunatley the 'toon is many many km's away.

 
At 12:57 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

I flipping LOVE Saltspring island. It's the place I feel most comfortable in the world, strange as that might sound. Even more comfortable than saskatoon, which is weird. Hrm. Interesting, that.

Who's Rob W???

 
At 9:53 p.m., Blogger Rob W said...

Rob W is Rob Watt. Waterton Park, Ab.

http://www.new.facebook.com/people/Rob_Watt/618830336

been to Saltspring & it was pretty impressive ... tend to visit the other islands more though (due to the crowds). Kayaker's bias perhaps ! The gulf islands (like mountains) have a way of drawing you back again and again ... as does Victoria (one of my favourite cities - if I have to be in one).

Saskatoon is OK too .. although have not actually been there in years

 
At 12:16 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Hi Rob W,

I've noticed that Taber connection. Nice to meet you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home