finally, something the christians are good for
I just had two fellows from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints stop by as I was shovelling the 6 tonnes of snow that's fallen today. You know, on the 160 feet of sidewalk that I own? Anyways they couldn't have come at a better time, really, cuz I had just gotten my truck stuck out front. I did the same fucking thing last year after a big snow, figured I'd just plow hard through the buildup and drive back and forth to flatten it all out since I haven't been home for a while. Great idea unless you wedge the front wheel right into the curb. And get completely stuck. I just left it there cuz I was pissed off and was trying to figure out who I was gonna beseech to come push me and/or where I could find something really heavy and waterproof to put in the back for weight, when these two lads come waltzing by wanting to talk to me about the Christian way... "put yer money where your mouth is, boys" and I made them help me, then said "no thanks, but I do appreciate the generosity. Keep moving, keep moving."
(*side note* ~ I seem to be linked lately by a whole lotta people that I don't know, which is absolutely fine, but some of them are christian and I just want to make it clear that it's not a personal attack of any sorts, I just had some bad experiences with a christian couple lately that have left a very sour taste in my mouth.)



7 Comments:
Nice use of community spirit there pal, although i am not sure Mormons count as christians. They got there own world going on and you may find that they will now visit you often...ha ha Rock on!
one time we got the mustang stuck in Cuddy and it was really imbarrasing when this VERY VERY elderly couple had to come out and help us and we were practically useless and theres this little biddy pushin and her old husband grinding the tire treds under the wheels.... in like minus 60, it was really nice, I hope they were ok...now that I think about it..... huh.
hahah i also enjoy your not back peddling persay, but well what jenn said.
One time some Christians took me in off the streets of northern ontario and I must say I was impressed by their home made bread but I was not impressed by the amount of literure they snuck into my back pack.
got stuck on a little country road one time too, in the dead of winter, and the only people who stopped to help were the Hudderites with their big tractor. That was pretty cool.
What are they, then? I tried looking on the world wide web to see if they are 7th Day Adventists or Born-Agains or what the heck you call those guys anyways... and found a Mormon website which made me think it was ok to call them christians, cuz well, they believe in Christ, right? I'm so confused.
They believe that Jesus was a person who was "perfect" sent from God but not a PART of God, not part of the GOD entity, that he was sent by God but not how the "other" God beleivers believe that Jesus was part of the holy trinity, they believe in the Father and the Holy Ghost, nix the Son.
They also belive that there is no such thing as the Soul, that when you die you go to your grave and when Jesus rises again (slightly more decade(sp?) than last time) At any rate will rise and then all the dead will rise out of their gaves ( i was unaware bones could hold together without skin) And the ones that are cremated.... gone, sorry.... but uh.... then all living and dead are judge, the rightous will go with Jesus to Heaven and the rest will go way of the black hole. And that kiddies is your religion lesson for today. ok what next'
oh to answer your question as I forgot to do, they consider them selves Jehovas witnesses and not Christians, those are PROBABLY who it was they spend the most time door to dooring their religion.
Wow. Thank you Preacher Sally! All I know is that it's good to help other people, but if you think for one second that you're better than me because of your beliefs then... sorry. Not interested. How is that compassion?
OOOOOO BROTHER HALELUJIA CAN I GET AN AMEN?
no i totaly agree and thus have a hard time living in this Bible belt I live in because EVERYONE is SOOO right... and It drives me mental.
which remindes me of a John Stuart quote I heard today
"Commet as they tell us are great balls of ice and mist that formed about 4 billion years ago approximatly, OR 6000 thousand years ago depending on whether or not you are WRONG!"
it was pretty funny.
and then On the Colbert Report Steven Colbert said AGAINST evolution and I quote again:
"Jesus was not a monkey,,,, I think they would have mentioned that in the scriptures somewhere...."
i like how these two shows each play for the oposite team, it keeps somesort of cosmic balance,
Post a Comment
<< Home