June 25, 2006

macaroni salad barf

Well that was a weekend and a half alright. Spent most of it at my aunt's house, the one with the cabin, in partial payment for our use of it. She has two kids (my cousins, duh) who are 8 and 10 yrs old, a girl and boy respectively. And an en-suite bathroom.

Friday night was just me and Matt, we rented some video games and chilled for a bit then he complained of a headache and pukey-feeling stomach. Gave him a cold cloth for his forehead and some junior tylenol and put him to bed on the bathroom floor (hey! he asked for it!). Saturday Jenn watched the kids while I headed off to our annual golf tournament for work, I sat around in the sun for 2 hours while I waited for the golfers to finish, then handed out prizes and organized dinner. Got back around 9pm, with a headache and a pukey-feeling stomach. Layed on the couch for a couple of hours then went outside for one last cigarette before bed. I got three drags in before I barfed out macaroni salad all over their driveway. 5 big heaves full. Complete with macaroni stuck in my teeth afterwards. I'm so fucking hot. Today we hit the Mayfair pool with Jenn and swam and terrorized each other for a few hours straight. Nicely burnt shoulders. No puking. And then, just because I haven't done enough this weekend, I went and picked up a bed for a pal o' mine and drove it over to her place and unloaded it. "I'm so glad you live on the 3rd floor" I said. Ate some cantaloupe. Watched her tarantula. Freaked out. Came home. Now, my sentences are getting shorter and I'm pooped from getting up at 7:30am all weekend. Time for laundry and a movie.

And hey! I'm really not going to Wilco! So it's Kinnie Starr and Buck 65 at the Odeon on Thursday, if anyone wants to go. And 5 days off in a row, cuz you know, I booked time off for Edmonton and everything. Yeah, it sucks royal ass. Whatever.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ill post. nice. macaroni salad barf...
huh, seems to me last time I barfed it was not only 5 full heaves as well, but macaroni salad too! I do not trust mayo. no no no. Actually come to think of it, it could have been potato salad, but really they are the same thing, the starches are interchangable. Mmm summer, the months of burnt shoulders and food poisoning.

 
At 9:25 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Ha ha, that's funny. I felt like such a low-life puking in a fancy area of town outside of their house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home