ok computer

For the last two days my computer has been crashing, hardcore, with alternating stop messages of "page fault in nonpaged area" and the lovely and enigmatic "IRQL not less or equal".. I spent about 2 hours in between crashes yesterday deducing that methinks I have a problem with my RAM. Good thing I have an extra stick lying around. Good thing I've never opened a computer case before. So I cross my fingers and yank the blue beast out of its protective hole and nearly gag. That's not my computer up top there but it might as well be, apparently its owner smokes too. And hasn't opened the case in nearly 2 years. So I "reseat" the RAM after cleaning it all out (with a blowdryer on a cold setting, bad idea?) and everything seems fine now. I even burnt a disc which was causing major damage yesterday. Oh dust. So insignifigant, and yet so absolutely mighty.



2 Comments:
you are brave. id love to rip the top off of one of these bitches and see the look on the computer tech's face as i was doing it. haha
hahaah that sounds obscene. let me rephrase. id like to rip the top of one of these computers off and see the look on the computer techs face.
i have no desire to rip the top off of anyone in the staffroom. bitch or not.
whats all the buzz about with the terrorists wanting to behead that harper character? im sure lots of people have thought about it the past year.
Post a Comment
<< Home