four days of freedom

I'm in the middle (well, tail end I guess) of 4 days off of work. I haven't gone out once. Friday after the Man Show I went for a beer and some food with a couple of the guys from work, but was home by 11:30. Saturday I hit the gym, mowed the lawn, got tipsy on homemade apple wine and tried to find some online entertainment, alas. Sunday I read novels in the sunshine. Today I got my brakes checked and helped my mom haul lumber. Tomorrow lunch and shopping with a pal. I'm hoping for a thundershower sometime soon.
I ran into an ex last weekend who promised me an email and a pint, haven't heard a thing. I'm not sure what's going on with my best friend, haven't heard a thing. I bought a camera on Ebay for my mom for her trip to Amsterdam, haven't heard a thing. Same with the turquoise earrings and amber necklace. Cupid still sucks. I tried to scrape and paint my back door today only to have the whole layer of veneer peel off as well. I guess I'll be buying a new door one of these days.



4 Comments:
I was REALLY disappointed that the Saturday night edition of the Man Show didn't include ANY girls in sexy blue polyester golf shirts. Sigh.
Ahem.
It was a 5" x 7" and it was for your cubicle. The 8" x 10"s are reserved for birthdays and dry cleaners. (Just gave out an autographed 8" x 10" for a friend's birthday today -- it went over like gangbusters! You should try it.)
And "You're welcome."
:p
Mark, I took Saturday off. Thursday & Friday were both so supremely unattended - was Saturday any better? Did you see the 2 (count 'em) 2 B-Squad Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders that were there? Wow, that was worth the $15 admittance fee!
Dave - watch your head on the door... (just kidding, the photo rocks)
It certainly wasn't busy on Saturday night, but there were still lots of people mulling about.
Because of my necessary due diligence as a boy, I had already investigated how many and who the cheerleaders were going to be. They weren't really b-squad though because they both made the calendar (which is why those two were chosen in particular, so they could autograph calendars they sold). It was still a pretty big deal to bring them in because I don't think they do many private appearances outside of Texas.
To answer your question, yes, I stared, but, no, they didn't take any of my money.
I had an alright time, but I definitely questioned why that was worth $15. I mean, it's a trade show, so why wouldn't you lower the price of admission, which would mean higher attendance and then you could offset that by raising the price of booths because they would have an opportunity to sell to that many more people?
Meh, whatever. I'd still go to something like that again.
Post a Comment
<< Home