mr. psoas
Wow. Nothing like starting your day with an intense myofascial massage. It's honestly one of the best things in the world. You have no idea what your body should feel like until you walk out of one of those. Seriously. Today he went straight for the gimpy psoas muscle, digging directly into my gut to find the other side of it. I'm positive I will have bruises. And somehow I started thinking about those old kids books around this time, Mr. Grumpy and Mr. Messy and Mr. Nosey... whatever happened to those guys? Do you all remember them? A part of your childhood?3 days exactly that I haven't smoked. I can't get over how happy I've been. I have seriously been in the best mood for 3 days, just happy and positive and cracking jokes. But, like I said to a few people, isn't the patch kind of like giving an IV drip full of booze to an alcoholic? What happens when I have to take this damn thing off? Watch out then, I'm thinking. But so far it's fine, I keep forgetting that I've quit. When I think about it, I still want one, but then 5 seconds later I've forgotten again and I'm doing something else. I'm sleeping better, and my dreams have been intense the last three nights. Last night it was about corn chowder and the identity rights of Syrian women. Yup. The night before I dreamt about an ex-boyfriend showing up at a feminist film festival I was attending and macking on all the ladies there. I got super jealous and chased him down the street, jumped on his back and started ripping out his hair. Yup. Maybe they all mean that I'm turning into a lesbian, who knows. I just noticed the feminist thread in both. Ok well I'll ponder that, and stop the rambling now, and figure out what to do with this rainy day since I took it off to do yardwork. Maybe I'll finally clean the bathroom. Eww.



2 Comments:
I remember those books -- those awesome little guys, and yes, gals.
Whatever happened to those books?
And just a note, the patch dreams get better with time -- eventually they get a little less bizarre.
They're still around - check it out: http://www.mrmen.com. Who knew? I haven't heard a thing about them since being super young. Also, I'm totally digging the dreams. They're pure and vivid and long and tangible. I'm always super engaged by someone in them. No nightmares yet (*knocking on wood*).
Post a Comment
<< Home