January 07, 2008

day one

Whew. Gritty meal replacement drink (prescribed by doctor) in raspberry kiwi juice with 2 slices gluten free toast and macadamia cashew nut butter for breakfast. Lame flavourless organic japanese green tea with toasted brown rice. Off to work where I watch coffees and blueberry muffins and doritos being consumed without a second thought. Crack open the pitted dates from the health food store and they're all dry and super chewy. Crack open the plain almonds and dig right in. Go to eat my rice crackers and hummous and realize I can't even have the rice crackers, there is corn flour in them for some reason, call my co-worker and ask him to pick up carrots for me on the way in. Crack open the carrots and hummous and realize I shouldn't even be eating that cuz it has lemon juice concentrate in it and say fuck it. For lunch all I stupidly brought and had to eat was a huge container of spaghetti squash. I like spaghetti squash, but there wasn't even butter on it, no dressing no nothing. Hmm. Then I had a banana and a fiji pear and some more gross tea. Got home and I was starving. Had a salmon burger (again breaking the rules with more lemon juice concentrate) on 2 more pieces of gluten free bread no dressing no margerine no nothing, luckily the bread is pretty moist. Then I ended up on the couch with a severly sore gut. It got better and I started investigating what I was going to make for lunch tomorrow, ended up with some black beans and brown rice and stir fried vegetables, but all of my sauces are either soy or tomato based so I'm winging some honey garlic chili powder concoction. I've been cooking for hours tho, and the dishes are going to be a full time job.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 a.m., Blogger Abigail Road said...

Why no lemon juice? Man, that sounds hard.

 
At 6:15 a.m., Blogger silentdibs said...

that pic is superbad.
much love for taking this on, i could never do it.

 
At 7:45 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

I can't have citrus. But I'm getting frustrated with the booklet she gave me which says I can. And, if I'm not supposed to have any meat or legumes in the 2nd week where do I get my protein from? Isn't protein kind of important?

Ah well, hello day 2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home