can can you do the scan scan
I finally got a scanner, and am a little shocked that it took me this long to acquire one. It's one of those things that I've been wanting for years, but never got around to, and when I mentioned at our family boxing-day leftover lunch that I was going out to buy one my aunt Ruth said "hell, I've got one in the closet you can just have". Score! So I've been going through my big bag of photographs deciding what is important and spending more than a few hours glued to the old pc getting them all scanned. There's pictures from Egypt and Israel and Texas and Montreal and California and Iowa and Victoria and Ness Creek and pretty much everywhere I've ever been. I don't know what it is about the picture above that kills me every single time. I look like such a jerkface loser. It's from camp Wakonda way back in the day, and I look so... unimpressed? Knowing? Certain of the let-downs in life? I look old, in the way that I do now, aware of how it's not all sunshine and roses. I love it.Not sure what's going to happen tonight or who it's going to happen with. I know a lot of couples and I have a feeling I'm going to feel pretty alone tonight, but I'm not planning it or anything, I'm going to be happy wherever I end up and ok with the fact that everyone has someone to kiss besides me. I'll smooch myself on the arm and know that it's ok and that I'm finding some things in my life that make me happy and that next year can only be better. Happy New Year, ya'll.



1 Comments:
Bah. Having someone special to kiss at midnight is so over-rated. Just grab whoever is beside you, and lay one on them. Or run around the room and kiss everyone. That's what I usually do.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment
<< Home