December 23, 2007

why I hate being single

There's someone missing who gets me. There's no one person that gives a shit, that is eager to hear how my day went, who follows my stories and the characters that star in them. Sometimes I feel mute at the end of the day, full up of pented frustration and needing to vent and it just sits inside me. I know that I've chosen a life that is full of solitude, but there needs to be a balance and even the last few times I've been out in a crowd I just ache for someone to hear me.

4 Comments:

At 12:27 a.m., Blogger Abigail Road said...

That really is one of the worst things about being single. But, I find, that as long as you have a couple good friends that you can vent to when you need to,about anything, a significant other isn't really all that necessary.

 
At 1:59 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Yeah, I maybe need some more of them too. I have lots of good friends but none that are really similar to me in some terms. I really miss the intimacy of sharing that with someone sometimes.

 
At 3:22 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Amen, I miss this too! Even with really good friends its hard because they see you or expect you to be a certain way and I still feel like I'm a trick-pony around them.

 
At 7:43 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Yeah in no way do I want to offend or hurt any of my pals, that's not at all what I'm trying to say (and I do think they know that). There's just something more that happens when you're intimate with someone and they know all your secrets and all your faults and somehow still really give a shit. I'm really craving that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home