January 12, 2008

days 3 - 6

Day 3 was rough, hoo boy was it rough. I left work in a clammy hot sweat with guts a-writhing and immediately fell asleep on the couch. Felt a bit better, ate some dinner, went to a pals place and watched a movie and had to go home with a sore stomach again. Spent most of day 4 in my pyjamas at home and only left to buy MORE groceries, bringing my grand total to $260 in 5 days, and going out to watch Sweeney Todd with his namesake. I'm starting to feel a bit better, a bit stronger, but I still don't feel as much difference as I think I should. I should feel amazing with all the good eats I've been eating and all the vitamins being shoved down my throat, but maybe I'm still adjusting and next week will feel awesome. All I know is that I'm surprisingly not really bothered by the lack of caffeine or gluten.. I want some cheese pretty badly but there's still lots of delicious things to be consumed. Ooh and most everything coming out of me is bright yellow... it could be all the vitamins, or it could be the high concentration of mangoes and yams that I've been eating. Either way it's pretty amusing. And sun-shiny.

4 Comments:

At 6:26 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

That looks like a David LaChappelle Photo....is it?

 
At 7:23 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Ha! Nope, it's John Galliano, the fashion guru I was telling you about before your eyes glazed over...

 
At 11:28 a.m., Blogger greeneggsandtam said...

How long are you doing this for? I mean, are you lookin at a gluten free future here or what?

 
At 12:12 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

3 weeks. And then when it's done I have grand plans for a big spending spree at the Bulk Cheese Warehouse with a lot of cheese and a lot of wine. But it's been pretty fun discovering new recipes and I found a ton of cool spices and curries at the Eastern Market yesterday that will definitely remain a part of my diet. Even the smoothies, really. Which is a good thing, it's really blatant right now how much crap "we" consume daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home