stephens
A long time ago I had a boyfriend who loved me so much that he wrote and recorded a beautiful instrumental guitar piece for me. It was supposed to be a birthday present for my 30th birthday. He threw it out of the window driving one day around that time because he was mad at me for falling asleep, nay, passing out with my feet in another man's lap at that very birthday party. I spent a long while walking up and down the street that he said he discarded it on, and never did find it. I was a bit nervous that I might see him tonight at the loft show, but instead I saw another ex-girlfriend of his and chatted amicably in the bathroom like I never kissed him while she was away, like she didn't know that I longed for him the whole time they were together, like I never heard horror stories of what she did to him, and vice versa.The show tonight was every bit as good as this photo. I was one of the youngest ones in attendance, but I also ran into a cool girl I know and we sat together since we both went alone. I told her if she ever wanted to be the youngest ones in the audience for anything else to give me a call. And bonus round of not knowing that Oh Susannah was opening for Stephen Fearing, she was beautiful too and I got to tell her that the old girl band I was in covered one of her tunes back in the day. Today was a 17 hour day in the life of nicola, and every single bit of it was good.



3 Comments:
damn girl, even when you're not writing poetry, sometimes you write poetry.
just sayin', this is a particularly good post.
aw thanks. But I kind of owe at least some of it to watching this guy sing all night:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HiJjLdcFF6Y
See what I mean?
Glad your day was good. I'm sorry I couldn't get out to see your burlesque show. I was in Regina. Looks like it was fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home