August 14, 2011

anonymity is hard to maintain

Used to be I could turn to twitter to get all my venting out of the way. Now I know too many people who are involved in my real life on there and they all know exactly who I am talking about when I publish something. But it's a catch-22 or something. My account, my heart, my right to state my feelings. So there's a fight going on right now, and it involves me and someone "close" to me, someone with whom I spend a ton of free time with and basically do a ton of volunteer work for, and the fight is that I questioned them about something and they FLIPPED OUT and called me names and, in a nutshell, told me to go fuck myself. And then they expected me to just forget that it happened. I waited a couple of days, decided I was not going to swallow this one, and sent them a letter telling them that I wanted an apology from them and that in no way, shape or form, would I consciously choose to spend thousands of my hours and dollars somewhere that treated me like that. They told me they were too busy for me. Literally. Not too busy to publish 100's of pictures on facebook over the last 3 days and update their status every 10 minutes, but too busy to take 10 minutes of their precious time to type "I'm sorry". And I'm floored. And I'm especially floored to hear that they now want an apology too! For reals! I almost feel like I'm crazy, but I know in my heart that I'm not, and if I lose my connection to this group then so be it, because I cannot let this be ok. You do not treat people like that. Bottom line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home