it wasn't me!
There was a post on postsecret last week that just said "FUCK YOU STEPHEN!". It wasn't me! But I wondered if you read, wondered if you thought it maybe was.
So long time no blog. I had to actually hunt around for the address of it.. ha ha. I am SOOO close to selling my house and moving to a sweet 1963 bungalow in Mayfair, it should all be finalized on monday. I got less than I wanted for this place but the truth of the matter is that I haven't done a thing to it in the 6 years that I've been living here, and it kind of shows. I just want out. So when they asked for a price deduction based on the home inspection report I just said "sure". Cuz there are hundreds of houses for sale in Saskatoon right now and I don't want to start from scratch when the next inspection would just find the same things. It's kind of a good time to be buying a house actually, what with all the rain we've been having. You can see exactly how much water is seeping into the basements. The new place has a sump pump, and according to that inspection, it's an even better style of sump pump that any new house has. I guess the new ones just pump the water from under your house and dump it back into your yard.. great system indeed. This one takes the water from under the house and dumps it straight into the the sewer system.
So the new place has 4 bedrooms and a finished basement with rumpus room, 2 bathrooms, fantastic kitchen, all new flooring, low flush toilets, air conditioning, built in dishwasher, yada yada yada. And a wonderful yard. And it's NOT on a corner!!! No more hours of shoveling in the winter!! Oh I'm so excited about that. It's gonna be a a bit of a jump in payments but alejandro is moving in so with 2 people it'll work out to be about the same. I'll have a dressing room and a sewing room and a computer room... right now all of those things are one room. This house has been really great for me but 6 years later it is time to move onwards and upwards. And because it's Saskatoon of course I know people that know people who are buying this place. And they're a lot like me 6 years ago. First house, cool girls, friends with the lesbians who live 2 doors down. It's all good.



1 Comments:
Long time no see!
Post a Comment
<< Home