December 11, 2005

"v" stands for "vinyl"

I dunno about you, but I had some hot saturday night plans, and they involved black industrial-strength vinyl and a couple of staple guns. Safety glasses, even. And peach schnapps. You can't forget the peach schnapps. It would have been better had the ex-boyfriend not "borrowed" and not given back all the screwdriver bits, but hey, we made do with a busted leatherman's tool just fine. One side to slip under the staples, the other side to yank out the crooked ones.

And I'm so fucking annoyed these days. Like there's no point to social graces or expectations. Sat on the couch the other day and seriously doubted the reality of "the one", which was weird, cuz I think I've always kind of believed in it, but when you sit down and logically think about it, it just doesn't make sense. I mean, what's the chances of finding them in your home town? Your home country? I think I believe that there's lots of people that can give you love and support and with whom you can create some kind of fantasy, but as I was trying to explain to Jensy last night I think what I maybe believe in is the choosing of the "one" that you are going to give every effort to be with. And I just don't see the point right now in pretending to be anything but exactly what I am. Not that you should anyways, but you know the nervousness that sets in when you maybe like someone and you think that they might not like you blah blah blah. Fuck it. Fuck it all. Surfing online profiles doesn't help, where all the 30-something men are losers and hell if they're smart they're ugly and if they're attractive they're arrogant and is it too much to ask for to find someone intelligent AND stylish? Apparently so. I thought I had stumbled upon it a while ago, but he was dumb and completely void of morals. Good choice, that one. Let's try to do better next time there, nicola. Cuz anything would have to be better than that.

4 Comments:

At 12:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

personally i have to say "the one" is the "one" you decide to make a go at it with.
but as far as the belief that everyone has the one person made especially for them? If that were the case im SURE with my luck "my "the one" would have been hit by a bus or somthing,so my philosophy; pick your best friend that has a penis and give it a go with him. If you are a man ; skip the penis. i hate it when people say "Oh i NEVER date friends"
if you arent dating friends, then who ARE you dating? people you DONT like??
although im sure tons of people will tell you this is a terrible idea... but then again some people also have sex with sheep....

 
At 8:59 p.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

That makes total sense there Sally. I like the way you think. But what's wrong with having sex with sheep?

 
At 10:00 p.m., Blogger calamityjenn said...

Nicki, thats just baaaa d.....but I can definately agree with Sally on the friend thing. I mean who else accepts you as you are if it's not your friends? And really, if they are good enough to be considered a friend, why aren't they good enough to be considered as one of "the ones"?

 
At 9:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. well nothing, as long as no one gets hurt... right? right?
when i was younger (last week) i had the idea the GOATS were actually a cross between a human and a sheep, you can see how this mistake could be made, for one young goats are called KIDS and for another thing there is that funny fictional charactor thats half goat half human, the comparisons have been made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home