30-50% off!

Back to work today after 5 days off. I'm pretty sure I didn't spend as much money as I would have had I gone to Edmonton. These are the things that I did to while away the hours: drank beer, watched music, went walking, cleaned house, did laundry, went swimming, hit the gym, went shopping, braved the horror that is Zeller's liquidation sale, bought groceries, became addicted to my BBQ, read a lot of books, watched free music at the Jazz Festival, had a marathon watching session of "What Not To Wear" BBC style, rented Hotel Rwanda, mowed my lawn that was up to my knees in some parts. Slept a lot. Sweated a lot. Relaxed muchly.
Have you seen Hotel Rwanda? The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking that I knew the story, and I did, but from a different person's perspective. A couple of years ago I picked up "A Sunday at the Pool in Kigali" at the library, only to have my mind blown by the atrocitities that I knew virtually nothing about. The book is way more graphic that the movie. Which is not the same telling of the story, but is the same story, if you know what I mean.
GST cheques? Are they a-coming anytime soon???



3 Comments:
I'm not convinced that accomplishing like 16 things on a long weekend qualifies as relaxing, hahaha.
Although I doubt my weekend qualified as relaxing either. However, I do know I accomplished absolutely nothing, aside from: drinking lots, sleeping lots, and watching T.V. lots (which was mostly to put off drinking with my friends at the bar until later in the day). My car got to have sleepovers at the bar on both Friday night AND Saturday night. It's so lucky.
GST direct deposit tomorrow...I think they mail them the same day.
HALLELUJAH! I can hear the choir of direct deposit angels already. Especially since some long overdue money that is owed to me was promised to me by Monday, but never came through (surprise surprise).
Post a Comment
<< Home