December 04, 2007

a trip to old town

Well, my vehicle is busted and winter officially sucks and I'm taking public transit to work tomorrow. Ooh and I'm leaving at 5:30am on friday to go to Moose Jaw for work. I'm stoked about it, not the leaving at 5:30am part but the going to Moose Jaw part. I'll be there thurs/fri of this week and then most of the week following as well, and I get to be the resident know-it-all which is kind of my favourite position. At the formal xmas party on Saturday the manager from MJ came up and told me how excited he was for me to grace his office, and would I please let him know if there are any changes that could be made to run things more efficiently? Nice one. I'm really good at making things run well and am kind of OCD about organization so I think this will work out nicely. And I love Moose Jaw and all it's old architecture and the thai food and the mineral spa at night in the winter. It'll be a good trip, and a good break from this sidewalk-shovelling-no-heat-in-the-vehicle-tim-horton's-boycott kind of life.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 a.m., Blogger greeneggsandtam said...

Why?? Why the Tim Horton's boycott?

 
At 11:11 a.m., Blogger miss.nicola said...

Oh it's not a full boycott, it's only a morning boycott. There are three Timmy's within a 5min drive from my house but I still cannot manage to get a cup of coffee from any one of them in the morning on the way to work without some kind of heart attack. The drive-throughs are crowded and the parking lots are a nightmare and people are honking at you or if you go in it's busy and hot and crowded and I just can't deal with all that shit before I've had any coffee. Until they can give me my morning coffee without making me want to kill someone then I'm out. I'm sure though that they don't even care or notice. I should write a letter. I love writing scathing letters to businesses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home