winter and assles
Hey. Long time no talk. Blah blah blah. I blame facebook. I've got tons of witty things to say over there, including being excited about heading off to assle twirling class tonight. Only it got canceled! Or should I say "but" it got canceled... ha ha ha. I was looking forward to it only because I've not done it before, but before we could whip out the spirit gum we were told that there were only 3 of us attending and we might as well go for drinks....
I've been weird lately. Things are good personally, I've got some good new pals and it's fun to hang out with smart funny brash girls. But work is dragging me down and sometimes I feel like it's all I can do to sit at my desk and pretend that I'm not completely full of stress. I just applied for a new position that will mean 1 full month of training in Calgary and being my own department. And answering to the manager in Calgary, not Saskatoon. And learning some crazy cool technical jazz. And not having to stress about everyone else's work ethic in my department... oh man would that be nice. But I am sick about the idea that the boys club might trump all my hard work for this one... just fucking sick about it. I don't know what I would do if that happened. Lose a lot of faith in my belief that hard work gets rewarded, I guess. Try to learn how "not" to keep myself productive while I'm at my desk so I can fit in with everyone else.
In the last 2 weeks I've also had two severely bruised elbows, a super intense burn blister on my finger, and an infected nostril. Son of a bitch they all hurt. And now I'm off to continue de-cat-hair-ify my house since my brother and feline both finally moved out, and stay home and count pennies for christmas...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home